Friday, February 20, 2009

Some Learning places on the web

I wanted to pass on some places I like to go on the web for learning. Much like when we all get together and learn at Leo’s or Eric’s Studio’s one thing or another, there are a lot of photographers out there, putting themselves on the web and teaching you what they know. I’ve picked up a lot of useful information and perhaps you might too.
NOTE: Now there are all kinds of information on photography as well as photoshop but when it comes to online learning with photoshop, it helps to have an extra computer or laptop nearby your main computer that has photoshop on it. And when you look up this information, put it on the laptop so you can use your main computer to do what they are teaching you.

One of my favorite sources is www.Youtube.com
If you type in “confessions of a photographer” you’ll get an interesting guy who talks about all kinds of things he shoots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqMI72jsXRQ
Type in: you suck at photoshop and you get a guy teaching you photoshop tricks but with a humor that I find amusing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_X5uR7VC4M
Now from this point, you can view all their other episodes and learn a lot, but now you know where it is, and you can type in “Photoshop Tips” “Photography Tips” and see what comes up. The same goes for learning whatever else you like. I personally like watching SEO videos.
TIP: if you don’t have a feel youtube channel, why not get one. You can upload you video slideshows there and keyword them, it helps really nicely with high school seniors because they love youtube!

Podcasts are a great way to get some in depth information with little effort. I don’t know about some of you but I hate the radio with its junk commercials, I own an IPOD and these things can hold a lot of music and my podcasts. My favorite to listen to is “The Digital Story Show” http://www.thedigitalstory.com/podcast/
They talk about all kinds of things, from cameras, to programs, to tips, and lens. Now there are other sites out there that have pod casts that are interesting, but they aren’t always as easy to find. What I thought about doing is just creating a link list to all this online educational sources. One time I was looking for new Podcasts and I came across a guy in Japan interviewing a photographer in California, and I learned about this link. http://www.thebschool.com/ which I haven’t fully explored but they discussed free education on their blog, with video and posts. Check it out.

That’s about all I can think of right this second, I hope it gets you started and gets you informed. If you are looking for more information, contact me by email and I’ll get you some more links and tips.

Laters,
Will – willvickers@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah you are saying very well through this post...web is the best way to get information.I am searching about kids birthday party ideas.